Ocutears (sodium hyaluronate solution 0.15%)
Instructions for use / Package leaflet
Ocutears is a sterile, preservative-free, viscoelastic artificial tear that forms a transparent protective layer on the cornea.
Occutears is made exclusively from natural, biological materials. Ocutears imitates the effect of natural tears, protecting, moisturising and lubricating the surface of the eye. It provides long-lasting relief from dry eyes due to the following causes:
- Keratoconjunctivitis sicca (Sjögren's syndrome)
- Corneal damage, erosion, corneal surgery
- Wearing contact lenses
- Hormonal disorders (menopause)
- Air conditioning, wind, cold, dry heat, dust, smoke, air pollution
- Working in front of a computer screen, long car journeys, long flights
- Swimming in chlorinated water
Components: Sodium hyaluronate (0.15%), sodium chloride, sodium hydrogen phosphate, sodium dihydrogen phosphate and purified water
Instructions for use
- Tear the safety ring off the cap before first use; from this date Ocutears can be used for up to 6 months.
- Remove the cap.
- Squeeze the sides of the bottle and drop one drop directly into the eye or contact lens.
- After use, replace the cap on the bottle; 6 months after opening, the bottle should be disposed of with household waste.
The product spreads more quickly on the surface of the eye if you close your eyes and gently massage your eyelids after applying the drops.
Storage: Store between 2 and 25 °C. Do not freeze.
Warnings and precautions
- Do not use if the safety ring on the cap is damaged.
- Do not touch the dropper opening of the bottle to your eyes.
- Do not touch the dropper opening of the bottle to other surfaces or your hands because of the risk of contamination.
- Do not use with other eye products. If you are using other eye drops, wait at least 5 minutes before using Ocutears.
- Do not drop into infected eyes.
- Visual acuity may be temporarily reduced after use: in this case, do not drive or operate machinery, but wait until normal vision returns.
- Write the date of opening on the bottle.
- 6 months after the cap ring is removed, the bottle should be destroyed with household waste.
Manufacturer: i.com medical GmbH, Kaflerstrasse 15, 81241 München, Germany